The German Speaking Evangelical Lutheran Congregation in Nairobi (GSELC) is looking for a temporary replacement for the position of its Office Manager and Administrative Secretary (during maternity leave). The duration of the temporary position is limited from March 15th to July 31st 2020 with no extension possible. The part-time position requires working for 32 hours during five days per week. The workplace is located at the German Speaking Evangelical Lutheran Congregation, Riverside Drive, Nairobi.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of work experience in general administration duties/ office management required;
- Relevant track record in accounting and finance required;
- Proven ability to work self-responsible under little supervision required;
- Legal status allowing ordinary employment in Kenya required;
- Knowledge of German language skills highly beneficial;
- Experience in working with a faith based organization beneficial.
The Office Manager and Administrative Secretary is responsible for the general management of the German Speaking Evangelical Lutheran Congregation office and its administrative functions.
Main operational duties include
- To oversee and organize the church office administration;
- To supervise and direct the other staff members of the congregation;
- To assure the administrative functioning of the church office;
- To oversee and report on the daily progress of activities e.g. construction works undertaken on the church grounds;
- To assist the congregation in the preparation and execution of the church events and functions;
- In collaboration with the treasurer:
- Review and verify all invoices, receipts and payments;
- Prepare and review cheque and online payments for execution by the signatories;
- Reconcile the congregation’s accounts on a monthly basis for inspection by the church council;
- Maintain the entries in the accounting system;
- Perform all the accounting and financial duties as may be assigned by the church council or the pastor.
- In collaboration with the church board, follow up on the implementation of council decisions and reporting on progress.
Please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 23rd January 2020. Feel free to submit any open questions to said email contact.